Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Overwhelmed


This is the view from my trailer. As I've said, the place itself is nothing to brag about. It works, but only if you're willing to put aesthetics aside. The view, however... this view is what I wake up and fall alseep to. It's beyond sublime.


There are a lot of reasons why I love living here. The mountains are a big one. I drive down the highway and get the proverbial lump in my throat, mostly because I can't believe I'm lucky enough to live somewhere this beautiful. I also love the goats and the cheese, of course, but there's something else about this place that makes me blissfully happy even when I work 12 hour days and fall into bed like a zombie.

When I drove back up the mountain after five months of flat land (granted, it was in France, so that took the edge off my home sickness), I became a new human being. I hate to sound absurd. I've spent most of my life trying to get people to take me seriously. But when I came back to these hills I felt myself breathing, I heard my heartbeat, I felt everything more deeply, saw colors brighten. There's really no other way to describe it.


I've been back at work for a week. I was afraid that after being away I would have a hard time adjusting to this life again. I couldn't have been more mistaken. Life has never been more beautiful. How do you know when you find the right place, the right lifestyle? How do you not?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: