Friday, October 24, 2008

Sorry, guys...

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have been consumed...by Harry Potter. I just started the last book in the series, and I quite literally can hardly put it down. I'm somehow managing my readings for school in spite of this, although I have to say that my first priority is definetely Harry Potter.

It's funny, I used to scoff at the Harry Potter craze, imagining that the books couldn't be that good and that I was somehow above all that. I felt smug for reading Virginia Woolf. I still adore Virginia Woolf, but I have to say that J.K. Rowling is brilliant. Genius. The Harry Potter plot is amazing, and as the books go on, the story gets more intense. Every time my boyfriend (a philosophy and German major who scoffs at reading the books although he loves the movies) walks in my room, the first words out of my mouth are, "You'll never believe what just happened!" Indeed, a thrill a minute.

I know that Rowling doesn't need any extra publicity, but let me just say that if you have not read the books, you should read them. Adults, adolescents, and children alike can appreciate these books. I was actually convinced to read them by the owners of the first goat farm I worked on, who are both neurologists in their 60s. They preordered the last book and were excited as children when it came in the mail. So definetely try to get your hands on them--they have been out long enough and are popular enough that there should be plenty of copies at your local used book store.

No comments: