Monday, March 24, 2008

The Stats Ain't Lookin' Pretty

I've only been awake a paltry two hours today and have already heard at least three horriffic statistics.

1.) Out of the $1.2 trillion annual world military spending (that's everybody), the US spends half of that. So essentially, we spend more or at least the same as every other country combined.

2.) 1 in 25 citizens of New Orleans is homeless.

3.) Sweden will be oil free by the year 2020 (b-b-b-but...I thought that was impossible--we don't have the technology for that, right?)

Granted, the last statistic is positive. Go Sweden! But is that not shameful on several levels? Can I secede from the Union? Can I just expatriate and move to Sweden? This is so embarassing. I personally try as hard as I can to live sustainably and responsibly while my government feels it's okay to fuck our nation's reputation. It's getting really old, and I'm just fed up about it. I guess I didn't really have a lot to say. What more is there to say? I think we all know the implications of the numbers.

No comments: